Spicy Pickled Carrots recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|Meal type||Side Dish, Snack|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 1lb baby carrots (peeled, cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 ½ cups white distilled vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 0.8oz chiles de arbol (dried, available at Mexican markets)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Add water, vinegar, oil, and dried chiles to medium pot.
Bring to boil.
Reduce to medium and boil 5 minutes.
Add carrots and garlic cloves, making sure liquid covers all carrots, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until carrots reach desired tenderness. Check to make sure you added enough salt and adjust if necessary.
Cool and store in sealed container. Will keep in the refrigerator for one month.
Add a photo
Have you made this spicy pickled carrots recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.