Mayo-free Coleslaw recipe
|Prep time||5 hours, 20 minutes|
|Total time||5 hours, 20 minutes|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
|Description||Mayo-free coleslaw that tastes exactly like it! Egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free. Vegan- and Paleo-friendly.|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 1 head red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 can light coconut milk (13.5 oz can; shake well)
- 4 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or raw sugar or honey or agave nectar or sweetener of choice. Omit honey for strict vegan, use sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt (or salt of choice, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (or starch of choice)
Shred cabbage and carrots in food processor or with hand grater
Add shredded cabbage and carrot to a large mixing bowl, set aside
Blend in blender or by hand: Light coconut milk, vinegars, sweetener of choice, arrowroot starch, salt, and pepper
Pour coconut milk dressing over cabbage and carrots; mix well until well coated
Chill in fridge for 4-5 hours. Overnight (8+ hours) is best. The longer it marinates, the better it tastes!
Add a photo
Have you made this mayo-free coleslaw recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.