Low-Carb Chocolate Cupcakes recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 4 large eggs (or egg replacement equivalent to 4 eggs)
- ½ cup zsweet zero calorie sweetener (or 0.75 cup Erythritol + 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (sifted. Preferably sodium-free)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted. Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder is recommended)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup palm shortening (softened. Or butter or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- tablespoon palm shortening (or fat of choice for greasing pan if not using liners)
Preheat oven to 175ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4.
Add eggs, vanilla, erythritol (or sweetener or choice) to mixing bowl; beat slowly and turn off when well blended
Sift all dry ingredients, then slowly add them to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed; add in shortening (or butter, etc.) and continue blending.
Scrape the sides down every few seconds.
Add in water and apple cider vinegar.
Mix until smooth.
If batter is too thin, add additional coconut flour by the teaspoon until it thickens. Be careful not to add too much!
Pour batter evenly into cupcake/muffin pan.
If not using paper liners, grease pan well.
Bake on 175ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpic comes out clean in center of cupcake
Add a photo
Have you made this low-carb chocolate cupcakes recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.