Healthy Turkey Chili Mac recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
|Misc||Freezable, Serve Hot|
|Description||This one pot dish comes together in less than 30 minutes and is not only totally delicous but really healthy too!|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 12oz macaroni noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1lb turkey breast (99% fat-free ground turkey breast)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper (ground)
- 1 can tomatoes (Diced, low sodium)
- 14.5oz tomato sauce (low sodium)
- ½ cup salsa (or picante sauce)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Cook pasta until al dente.
Rinse with cold water and set aside.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high.
Add turkey, onion and garlic.
Cook 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
Add bell pepper and carrots and saute 5 minutes.
Add all other ingredients, including pasta, and bring to a boil.
Turn heat to low and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
Spoon into bowls and top with sour cream, shredded cheese, diced onions etc. and enjoy!
Add a photo
Have you made this healthy turkey chili mac recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.