Curried Tuna Cakes recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||7 minutes|
|Total time||17 minutes|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish|
|Allergy list||Egg, Milk, Shellfish|
|Description||Wonderful, especially when cooked in unrefined coconut oil.|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 2 cans tuna (5 oz size)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon garam masala (see my personal blend listed on the blog. I add salt to my garam masala so you may need to add a touch of salt to this recipe if you don't add it.)
- 1 cup coconut flakes (finely ground, unsulphered and unsweetened)
- ¼ cup cheese (grated - I use a raw cheddar but parm would be great!)
- ¼ cup mayo (I made my own lactofermented mayo)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- coconut oil (for cooking, I used an unrefined for a coconutty taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a bowl.
Press the mixture into about 6 patties.
Heat the coconut oil.
Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside.
Serve with rice or sourdough bun. Top with greens or lacto-fermented hummus.
Add a photo
Have you made this curried tuna cakes recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.