Chilli con carne recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
|Misc||Freezable, Serve Hot|
|Description||Everyone makes their chilli differently so here's mine!|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 28oz minced beef (will serve 4 large portions)
- 1 large onion (sliced the way you like)
- 1 large green pepper (diced - large or small again up to you!)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 cup sweetcorn (frozen is fine)
- 2 cubes beef oxo
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 splash water (make it to the consistency that you like)
- 2 heaped tablespoons gravy (savoury)
Take a large pot / wok and fry onions off until soft and golden brown.
Add mince and cook until brown.
Add tomatoes, kidney beans, chick peas, green peppers, oxo cubes, chilli powder, Chilli flakes, water, savoury gravy and sweet corn and stir.
Bring to the boil and them simmer for 20 minutes.
Boil the rice
Add a photo
Have you made this chilli con carne recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.