Blue Cheese Buffalo Salad with Crispy Onion Rings recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish, Salad|
|Description||This is a great entree salad, and the crunch of the red onions mixed with the Gorgonzola and Buffalo sauce is oh so tasty!|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 2 medium chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 5 tablespoons buffalo sauce (choose spicy, medium or mild based on your preference)
- 1 cup grapeseed oil (good for frying due to it's high flash point)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg (beaten with a fork)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cucumber (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 sprinkle gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
- 1 drizzle blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 stalks celery (sliced in half lengthwise, and horizontally)
Thinly slice chicken breasts, and cook on grilling pan over stove-top until almost fully cooked.
Add the Buffalo sauce to chicken, and turn heat down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Separate sliced onions into individual rings and coat with the beaten egg.
Once fully coated with egg mixture, press the onions into the Panko crumbs (both side of onion).
Heat the Grapeseed Oil in a pan on Medium heat until it appears more liquified. Carefully place the onions in the hot oil and fry them until they're golden brown (both sides).
Remove browned (and deliciously crispy) onions from pan, and place on a few paper towels to soak up the extra oil.
Assemble the salad by plating in layers. First the lettuce, then the cucumber and carrots, followed by the gorgonzola.
Place Buffalo chicken strips on top of the bed of vegetables.
Top the chicken with the fried onions.
Drizzle just a bit of blue cheese salad dressing and some additional Buffalo sauce over the top, and place celery alongside the salad.
Add a photo
Have you made this blue cheese buffalo salad with crispy onion rings recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.