Autumn Broth recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
|Meal type||Lunch, Soup|
Please note: only the ingredient list has been updated, you will need to allow for different cooking times, temperatures and quantities in each step.
- 4 small carrots (peeled and diced. Approx 17cm (5.5") long)
- 3.2oz leeks (cleaned and chopped)
- 3.9oz white cabbages (sliced in half and then finely shredded)
- 2 medium onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 3 small tomatoes (roughly diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 small fennel bulb (trimmed and sliced)
- 0.5oz marigold (Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder. Mixed with 300mls water)
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Place all the vegetables into a large pan with 2 to 3 tablespoons water, and place over a low heat with the lid on the pan; simmer for about 10 minutes, and then add the vegetable stock with the tomato paste, bring to the boil and gently boil for 20 minutes until the vegetables are nearly soft.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, and then add the herbs, replace the lid and simmer for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the broth has reduced slightly, so you are left with a chunky stew.
Serve straight away with bread, croutons or crackers, or, allow to cool slightly and liquidise - this will then be a potage rather than a broth.
Pour the potage back into the pan and gently reheat without boiling.
Add a photo
Have you made this autumn broth recipe? Show us how it turned out. It will appear under the main image on the recipe page!
What are private notes?
These notes appear on the recipe page and are visible only to you.
If you feel that the chocolate cake you just made needs more chocolate then remind yourself here for when you cook it again.