Thoughts, updates, news and gossip from behind the doors of GetMeCooking.
Why make minor design changes?
Every now and then we like to take a step back, review things and try things out.
Sometimes we get too caught up in the code and adding/improving functionality, that the visual design gets a little left behind; so we are going through an excercise now of reviewing each page and seeing how we can make them more awesome.
The first step...
Our recipe plugin keeps getting bigger and better.
In version 1.13 we have made two main changes:
We’ve moved the Dashboard menu’s
We found an issue whereby if two or more plugins are set to use position 2 in the WordPress menu, only the first one will appear. This issue is inherent to WordPress and is described in WordPress enhancement ticket 16856. Thanks...
Since releasing our recipe template plugin for WordPress 4 months ago, it has had over 2,700 downloads - which is pretty good going!
Feedback has been fantastic and we are continuing to make revisions to it and bring out new functionality. You'll be impressed with some of the things we have in the pipeline!
Many bloggers have customised the plugin (using the
We have just released version 1.07 of our Recipe Template plugin for WordPress.
- It is now a lot faster and easier to add ingredients and recipe steps (big improvements here)
- Re-organised the 'Add Recipe' screen to make it nicer to use (less scrolling!)
- Printing of recipes (see below for more info)
- Added more help (mouse-over the blue question...
Today we released version 1.06 of our Recipe Template plugin for WordPress.
It is only a minor update. The significant points are:
- Added support for Imperial/US measurements
- Added more default measurement options
- Citing a source (author, book, etc.) no longer requires a URL
- Added magazine as a source
We will soon be releasing an update which will make adding...
Are you a WordPress designer with themes that are suitable for displaying recipes?
If you are, talk to us because we want to create a showcase of themes that work with our Recipe Template plugin.
If we like your themes and if we can ensure that they work with our plugin (most do!) then we will be happy to promote them.
Not a designer, but know some great themes?
Let us know which themes you like. We'll check them out and will...
We've gone global!
- USA (several states)
After announcing it in a recent blog post – and demonstrating it live at Europe’s largest food blogging event, we released our Recipe Template plugin for WordPress for general availability 3 days ago.
Feedback so far has been really amazing! Some bloggers have very engaged with us (we have been exchanging several...
September will be a busy month for us
- 8th = Paul's birthday :-)
- 9th - 11th September = Ludlow Food Festival, Ludlow, England. Will feature more than 130 top quality small independent food and drink producers from the Marches, the England-Wales border country, inside Ludlow Castle
- 18th September =
It was held at The Hempel hotel in the very prestigious area of Bayswater, London. It's a 5 star hotel and was used in the final scene in the...