We’ve moved our WordPress Demo site - into the cloud!
Posted 31 July 2012 12:54
And we’ve done it for free with appfog…
With appfog, we simply had to do this:
- Sign up to appfog
- Chose WordPress as the application
- Selected Amazon Web Services as the infrastructure
- Entered a subdomain (this is only really used to get started – you can assign your own DNS name later)
- Waited for WordPress to be installed (took less than a minute)
- Entered some standard WordPress configuration information
- Set up WordPress to how we wanted it (including adding all plugins and content)
- Moved the domain name wpdemo.getmecooking.com to point to this new WordPress instance
That’s it! It was all very quick and easy.
The WordPress site seems very quick and should also be very reliable as it’s built on Amazon Web Services.
For a site with low traffic (it’s just our demo site), it’s a perfect solution for us. It will also be perfect for development and test sites – and even most people’s live food blogs as 50GB’s data transfer limit is very good. If you need more power, it gives you the option to scale up, at a reasonable cost.
See their pricing page for full details of pricing and capacity.
If you want to see how it performs, check out our site!